This small swatch stamp set caters to those who prefer single swatch stamping and storage. You can use this set to easily swatch your watercolors for example.
Stamp set is 2 x 3 inches (5 x 7.6 cm) and contains 1 clear stamp.
Unsure how to use this stamp exactly? Watch the accompanying video or read the abbreviated instructions below:
- If you are swatching watercolors, make sure you use correct paper and ink (for example VersaFine Onyx Black) to prevent bleeding.
- The first section of the stamp, the masstone section, is used to create a flat wash of your color (i.e. the full, undiluted color of the paint).
- The second section can be used for a graded wash, where the color changes smoothly from dark to light. Use the undiluted color to the halfway point, then dilute the paint further to the edge.
- Fill in the name and brand of the used color on the first line.
- The G (triangle symbol) is to record granulation. Heavier particles tend to separate from the water and collect at the tooth of the paper. This causes granulation, thus producing a grainy texture. A non-granulating paint should create a smooth wash, with little to no variation in color or texture. Leave the triangle blank if this appears to be the case.
- The T stands for transparancy. Determine this by drawing a second marker line next to the first black line and compare. An opaque paint is visible on the black line and there is a distinct difference with the second line. A transparant paint will not show up on the first or second line. A semi-transparant paint will cause slight haziness over the first line, so color the square half. Be sure your first line is dark enough to compare to, for example by using the same marker you will use to draw the second line.
- The S stands for staining, which can easily be determined. Once the paint is dry, go back in with some water to see if the color is liftable (non-staining, leave circle blank), somewhat liftable (color half) or if you are unable to lift any of the color (staining, color full circle).
- LF or lightfastness and pigment number are usually provided by the manufacturer. The other properties can be determined yourself. Lightfastness indicates how resistant the color is to fading when exposed to light, with 5 stars being very lightfast and 1 star meaning a very fugitive color.
If the paint is not very lightfast, just cross out the stars.
Waffle Flower - Swatch
- Brand: Waffle Flower
- Product Code: 271197
- UPC: 653341236432
- Availability: Sold Out